CNY Eye Physicians & Surgeons is proud to offer a variety of eye care services including:
- Comprehensive full routine examinations.
- Cataract and lens implant surgery, including advanced technology implants.
- Glaucoma consultation, management and laser surgery.
- Retina and Vitreous evaluation and management, including laser and intraocular treatment of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and other vitreo-retinal diseases.
- Corneal disease, dry eye evaluation and treatment.
- Adult Strabismus, evaluation of double vision and eye movement disorders and eye muscle surgery.
- In-Office Laser treatment for glaucoma, retinal disease and after cataract treatment.
- EMERGENCY EYE CARE
- Multispecialty consultation.
Advanced Diagnostic Testing
- High definition spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) (provides very detailed information about different parts of the eye using light rays)
- B-scan ultrasonography (uses ultrasound energy to provide information about the eye)
- Intravenous fluorescein angiography (dye is injected into the bloodstream and pictures are taken of the eye to provide more information about the circulation of the back part of eye)
- Ocular photography (photos of the eye)
- Computerized visual field testing (an interactive test used to determine if there are any parts of the central or side vision that are not working well)
- Corneal topography (provides information about the surface of the cornea, the clear dome on the front part of the eye that bends the light rays that enter the eye)
- IOLMaster (laser measurement of eye length to determine lens implant power in preparation for cataract surgery)
- Retinal PASCAL pattern scanning laser (laser used to treat conditions affecting the light sensing nerve fibers in the back of the eye)
- Glaucoma laser
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty (enhances fluid drainage from the eye thereby usually lowering the eye pressure)
- Laser iridotomy (creates a tiny hole in the peripheral iris which decreases the risk of angle closure glaucoma, a type of glaucoma caused by the iris blocking the drainage system of the eye)
- “After cataract” laser for capsular clouding (performed after cataract surgery if the thin capsule that holds the new lens implant becomes cloudy)
Intraocular Medical Therapy
Intravitreal injections (medication delivered to the back of the eye) for conditions such wet age-related macular degeneration (when leaky blood vessels cause swelling and scarring in the central vision) and macular edema (swelling within the central light sensing nerve tissue in the back of the eye) from conditions such as diabetes, blood vessel blockages, and inflammation in the eye.