Lorna Grant, MD
Dr. Grant is a board-certified medical and surgical ophthalmologist specializing in laser, lens implant, and cataract surgery, with fellowship training in the diagnosis and treatment of retina and vitreous disease including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular disorders and hereditary retinal diseases.
- Fellowship – University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Medical Retina
- Chief Resident – University of Arizona College of Medicine, South Campus, Ophthalmology
- Residency – University of Arizona College of Medicine, South Campus, Ophthalmology
- Internship – Tucson Hospitals Medical Education Program, Transitional Year
- Medical School – University of Vermont, Doctor of Medicine with Honors
- Undergraduate – University of Vermont College of Arts and Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Biology
Ambulatory / Hospital Affiliation
- Griffiss Surgery Center
- Rome Memorial Hospital
- Mohawk Valley Health System
- American Academy of Ophthalmology- Board-Certified Member
- Utica Medical Club – President 2018-2019
- Griffiss Surgery Center Board Member
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- New York State Ophthalmologic Society
- New York State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
Dr. Grant has published multiple eye research studies in major peer-reviewed ophthalmology journals and has presented at major meetings such as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Grant grew up in upstate New York and currently resides in Deansboro, NY. She has 3 young children and enjoys training for triathlons, hiking, baking and spending time with her family.